When will studying ever begin?
With all these smashing parties and entertaining to do, it appears that no amount of psyching to study will suffice to get my act together. *Sighz*. Exams are just around the corner, and I am getting more and more jittery about it. But looking at how my weekend was spent, you would agree with me that it's not surprising how one can be so easily distracted.
***
~The Birthday Party~
Swarmed with French people
I think it was cool that my birthday party this year went international. Not only for the fact that it took place in Denmark, but also I celebrated it with many new friends from all over the world. I am happy to say that during the course of the exchange, I managed to form wholesome and meaningful friendships with people from class and neighbours living in my dorm. I think that it's pretty amazing considering that this is only a short term stay. Best of all, I had the chance to celebrate this special day with them! It was really a great evening spent with all these people. Oh, thanks for the lovely presents too everyone!

Birthday persons with Kazakh girls.

Our neighbours-Pernille, Shanti and Ditte.

Neighbour Niels had his guiness hat on me.

Me and Jay

Aline and I-looking way spastic. haha
Giulia, Aline, jay, Aika and Ling
In addition, it was an enlightening Singapore-French joint venture experience as our friend Alex, did his party together with me. Did I also mention that it had an interesting throw to it in which those who came for my party had to put on a hat?
Birthday girl and boy
Knowing that a successful party is not one without great tasting food, HL and I busied ourselves with cooking for the day. She was in charge of making grilled chicken while I was to make pasta. Alex on the other hand, made his all time signature french crepes which was so darn yummy!

Huiling's grilled chicken. Super good!

French crepes, pasta and err...Jägermeister
This party has vividly revealed to me that Ling is firstly an extremely good cook(her chicken was solid!), and has potentially excellent management skills because she sees it that all the organising gets done smoothly. Without her, I think I wouldn't have been able to pull it through because this was after all, not a small event. She's such a darling doncha think? Thanks babe for everything!! You are indeed the best!

Birthday kiss from my babe.
Ling and Alvin looking funky. Thanks alvin for your technical help! What would I do without the both of you?
Apart from the slight disappointment that not many people turned up for our deliberately made high profile party( haha!), most importantly I had great fun partying with close friends and getting 'high' with a couple of random loony people . It was totally wicked (with american gusto).
More photos here
***
~Legoland trip 20th June 06~
(organised by international office of asb)
As aptly expressed by Alvin, Legoland is 'every boy's wet dream'. I don't know the extent in the truthness of this statement, but it was definitely a very interesting and novel concept that is appealing for all ages and sexes. I just love the idea that one can do so much with just little pieces of blocks and eureka! You make vast creations. For the start,
You have the world right in front of you;

Miniature Amsterdam built in great detail.
You can also make your fantasy and adventure come to life;
Loch Ness monster
Robinson Crusoe cast away.
Or just for simple practical purposes-
Ling in front of lego made post box.
Legoland also offered several thrilling rides that made us felt like excited kids once again. Our adrenaline pumped to its maximum levels especially on the roller coaster ride. It was really fun!
Ling and Alvin in their yellow poncho. Getting ready for the big splash down the 'viking sea'.
Picture of our photo being captured on camera while plunging down the fountain. HL and Alvin posing for the camera; Ser too anxious to look up.
Washed down
Despite the awful weather ( thus spoiling my image! argh...with my poncho, beanie, trench coat and skirt underneath- I looked like one of the middle eastarn immigrants in aarhus. worse, a mismatched one!=/), we had a really good time in Legoland. Definitely a must see in denmark!
Photos here
***
~Party at Social Club~
That Saturday evening, our school organised a private farewell party for exchange students at social club. My neighbours were so nice...they helped to dress me up in chic danish fashion .I think i look so different from usual!Anway, the party ended in a rather unusually clean and fun manner -those who used to flirt with each other were suddenly sitting down and having quality conversations. Unbelievable.This to me is a probable signal that what-goes-on-here-stays-here, and all ends well as we go back to normality.
But then again, one can never get enough of parties and fun. *winks*
Oh, that evening there were some people from the organisation,denmarkbynight, who took some photos of our party. I just discovered a few photos of myself on the social club website!Cool!

That's me

Mira and I

Ally and Friends

Ser and random stranger

Ser, Mira and Aika
***
I hope that I can get back to studying mode very very soon before my friends from london pop over the weekend to tour aarhus and copenhagen. Got to accomplish as much as possible to lessen the guilt. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home