Fuglesangs Alle 28

I love the kollegium in which I'm staying. It is called tandlækollegium which also means 'hostel for dentists'. Of course, at this time and age, this is no longer the case. I love this place because of its very strategic location in Aarhus. Not only does it take me effortlessly to wake up-wash up-eat-run to class and plonk my ass onto my seat in less than 6 minutes, the botanical gardens, shopping district, art museum, the 'old town', are all within my reach-whether by foot, bus or bike. I just love to go to the botanical gardens especially now that the season and weather permit me to. I can just stroll or bike in the park and just lie on the lush green grass and stare up into the sky in solitude. I find that very therapeutic for the mind and soul. And best, now that the sun sets only at 9.30pm +, I do not have to worry if it gets too dark.
Young Danes picnic-ing by the park.
The best thing of them all is that I get to see my favourite flowers blossoming everywhere. You can see these yellow, sometimes white, daffodils springly spritely against the soft winds. Nothing can be more pleasing to the eyes than to see these flowers all day long. It just brings a smile to my face, a comfort to my heart, when times get so hard.More photos here
***
Last Thursday, Giulia (my italian friend) came out with a splendid intiative as to invite the rest of our EU law group members for a night of mushroom pasta and partying. I provided the kitchen because firstly it's so convenient to head to our school club( the club, klubben, is just at the basement of my school), and also because my kitchen was spacious and clean enough to house everyone in.

Here's a photo of our great master chef.
Delectable creamed mushroom with penne. Yum!
Me, Aigerim (kazakh), Aline (Belgian) and Giulia (italy)
Anne (Germany) giving a very sexy pose=p
After a gratifying meal of wine and pasta, we headed off to Klubben for a night of girly fun. Thanks for the wonderful time girls! We must do this more often!
Photos of dinner here
***
Klubben.
'Klubben' was the first club I ever stepped into when I first arrived in Aarhus. I can still remember the baffled look on my face when my orientation leader proudly presented to us 'klubben' which was just located right at the basement of the school. It is a club run by ASB students and only ASB students are allowed to come and party on every Thursday. For the rest of the week, students can just chill by the bar and order some beers till about 7 in the evening.

Much as I hate to admit it, I think klubben is definitely an Aarhus icon for me. Something that would bring to me a sense of nostalgia whenever I recollect the crazy exchange program in Denmark. It's just a great danish setting, with all your friends to party with you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home