A very blastful weekend
Last Thursday(4th May), Denmark celebrated her liberation day from the Germans during the WWII. The city of Aarhus was in high spirits as the university park saw a massive congregation of 7000 people. The 2 Pernille(s), Aline and I headed down to the university park to soak into the atmosphere. The main event was a canoeing relay between faculties in the university. Each faculty representative wore wacky costumes and paraded down the park. The funniest one i remembered was a team of supposedly benign and saintly looking nuns whom all of a sudden whipped out guns from their pockets and pranced around. It was hilarious. Oh, and not forgetting, one of the teams actually hired a stripper to pretend to be a damsel in distress while she ran around the park half naked as her bouncy assets followed the motion. It was so funny!!
Thousands gathered at the university park to celebrate the occassion.
Barbie doll drink stall

Aline and Pernille resting in the coffee shop' Morroco City'.
Then we adjourned to town where we saw several live bands performing on stage. They were mostly rather popular danish bands some singing in rap, some singing old classics. Pernille was just grooving to the music while she waved her hands in the air. hAHA...It was a fine way to wind up the day. Especially with the company I had=)
PS: Oh, don't forget to light a candle at the window. They say it's a tradition to do so on this special day.
Pictures of 4th May here
***
That night, the three of us invited a bunch of friends to a small dinner at our kitchen. They were all whom we met with during the first week of Orientation at ASB. I remembered that Eliane (Canada, Montreal) and Karin (Norway) were my first few friends on exchange as we were part of the same orientation group. We bitched, we complained, we gossiped, we eye candied and compared the guys whom we thought were cute. I was lucky to start off the exchange with them because they were such nice people. The other three girls invited-Paula, Anna and Maravel, were all from Spain. They were one of the many exchange students in which attended the dinner at China Wok and we all happened to clique and subsequently tried our best to stay in contact. HL and I made dinner simple and we all had a great time catching up with one another-sharing stories about our time on exchange and about each other's culture. Sorry if stories of frog legs and snake delicacies, and still staying at your parents' house by the age of 30 shocked some of you girls' guts out!
Clockwise starting from bottom left-Marevel (Spain), me, alvin, hl, Eliane (canada), Karin (Norway), Paula and Anna (Spain)
***
The day started off slightly haphazardly as Aigerim and I got up late and hence missed the earlier train to Skagen. I Blame it on too much partying at social club the day before.

Me, trying my best to look impossibly fresh on the train ride, despite just 3.5 hours of sleep.

Finally, we arrived at our destination-Skagen (pronounced as 'skay gen'). It was a cute little village peppered with what's acclaimed as typical danish huts. They were kinda painted with one single colour, mainly yellow, and red roofs with windows outlined in white paint. For lunch,we savoured our delicious sandwiches at jacob's cafe while enjoying not just the sunny weather, but also the melodious acapella sung by a choir group. Ah.. the crooning- 'cuppa cuppa , tea and my cuppa' is still ringing in my ears. Then, we proceeded on our journey to Grenon, which was the northernest part of Denmark in which the 2 seas of Skagerrak and Kattegat met.

We enjoyed the panoramic view of the seas as we headed towards Grenon. The waters were icy cold but also very refreshing as I dipped my feet into the sea. It was such a spectacular sight when we finally reached the tip of Grenon. The natural phenomenon that occured as the waves crashed into one another at opposite sides looked so surreal because I had never really imagined it to look like this.

Aigerim sitted with waves crashing behind her.
Guess the long train ride was worth it because I had such a memorable experience=)
***
Almost dead beat from Friday's partying and the afternoon's day trip to Skagen, I had another party waiting for me at my kollegium. It was a cocktail party organised by all my neighbours on my floor. I was actually hoping not to miss it because it was the first party we ever had in our kitchen. Thank god the party only began when I arrived. To my awe, I saw everyone , especially the girls, looking resplendent in their cocktail dresses. I knew beforehand that the dresscode was cocktail formal, but everyone was looking so darn good! I quickly headed back to my room and threw on my H&M bubble dress to blend in.

From left to right-me, HL, Anders, Ditte, Niels, Alvin, Pernille and Shanti. 3 Singaporeans partying with danish people!

Ling drunk while trying to explain the 'diu diu' game.

Anders trying to explain the rules of his drinking game while I was busy eating.

Beautiful ladies-Pernille, ling, Shanti and Ditte

Me, quite drunk too.More like high from exhaustion!
The party was fabulous. Good music( because yours truely was the DJ, ehem), good food, good company, fantastic drinks concocted by alvin and hl, crazy drinking games and a fun crowd.
More photos of Cocktail party at our kollegium

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home