My internship is finally coming to an end. Come to think of it, it wasn't all that bad. I think I had definitely reaped quite a bit this time round despite just an ostensible short time of 4 weeks. I learnt alot about private equities; solar energy industries; did quite a bit of research on the Sri Lanka stock markets and various of its local companies.etc..It was really interesting! I also decided to end my internship by attending a creditors' meeting in regards to the winding up of a company involved in an all time corporate scandal. I will definitely consider this job as an option for my career. The people are unbelievably nice...well of course there were who didn't score in my list, but that's alright. I think i've been very blessed to be in this department and at my previous work place at Singapore Mediation Centre because you may find it hard to believe, but there's absolutely zero work politics in there. I've also observed that this whole thing is a popularity contest and not always the matter of how much you know. And indeed, those who are at the top, were those who do not play politics and are well....sincerely nice. I've even heard of a partner who failed his FA 101!. It's really inspiring to know that one can learn in a culture that encourages one to pick up him or herself despite a mistake made and not making one feel bad. Of course there's a pressure to perform and you should strive hard to prove your worth nevertheless...
***
ok...the next week will be spent catching up on alot of beauty rest and exercise. Help i've slugged into the lethargic and sedentary corporate lifestyle. I suddenly wuna be a New Yorker!!!
Happy national day Stinkapore....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home