Saturday, August 05, 2006


Not too long ago, my old-is-gold girlfriends back during the days of primary and secondary school, decided to head out for a night of girly fun. The girls, Hoiwen and Pat, (yes, we're missing Mag who's still dim suming in Hong Kong) and myself decided to leverage on the all time favourite day of the week ---some call it mambo night aka ladies-will-get-free-entrance/drinks Wed night to look pretty and glamourous for the evening without getting our pennies dried up. Excited about the evening, I headed off early for my internship carrying a big bag of 'barang barang' which had my party dress, shaving gel, make up, earings, and what have you to doll up. That evening, after a pretty cheap and scrumptious meal at some Japanese restaurant at Raffles City basement, we adjourned to a fancy pub called the scu bar which was located at a very strategic area where big time stressed up rollin moola bankers would pass by. Yes, we're talking about millenia walk's Scu Bar. Right smacked at the corner near citibank, by the romantically litted up fountain, were girls sipping tall champagne glasses of Cosmopolitan. We heard that the bar was serving free flow of cosmo cocktails to all ladies at their bar on every Wednesdays. Kudos to Carrie Bradshaw revolutionising the whole sexy Cosmo drinking culture. There we were, three girls sipping down 4-5 glasses of cosmos enjoying the atmosphere, music and people watching. Our conversation that began with light hearted well wishes for Hoiwen's soon to embark exchange program in the US, gradually turned into random meaningless musings, bitching and laughing till our stomachs ached for no rhyme or reason. The grogy sensation at my head and heavy eyes confirmed that I was simply Drunk. We all were. Getting our asses out of the bar, I was told that I blabbered loads of nonsensical stuff throughout the journey heading towards Zouk. Vaguely remembering much, all I could remember was Jeremy, hoi and pat fetching plastic bags for me to puke..and some familiar faces looking at me pretty much amused. Oh fuck it. So my reputation went down the drain. All because I swear I was alcohol poisoned. And before I could have any fun, I was already puking in a very unglamorous manner..probably and surely scaring all the hot mamas away...Damn!Really, this is the first time my body had ever experienced such adverese reaction towards alcohol. Luckily Hoiwen brought me home safe and sound despite her being drunk and unwell herself.
I winded up the evening sleeping and waking up to puke at several intervals throughout the night and skipping work the next day because i was suffering from diarrhoea , throat pain, stomach ache, headache and basically feeling like CRAp. Worse than my puke.
Moral of the story:
Always be wary of free drinks. There's no free lunch in this world. they're usually made from cheapskate alcohol that is not suitable for anyone to consume.
When ur drunk, make sure you've friends who don't mind wiping off your puke for u.
Thanks for all who helped me survive that torturous night.
I think I have developed a phobia of alcohol-scu bar-cosmo-ism overnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home