This Chinese New Year had a special feel to it because firstly, it was great to be back in Singapore celebrating the festive occasion. As most of you know, I was in Europe on an exchange program during this period. It was noteworthy as well because of the immense amount of errands I had to do for my Mother. Sometimes I wonder why we go about torturing ourselves with the Spring Cleaning-getting ourselves burnt by hot splashing oil, muscles ached from carrying loads of rubbish to dump after years of hoarding, waking up at dawn just to help out in the kitchen, not to mention it was just a couple of hours ago I was speed packing using a highly effective method called 'sweeping everything under the carpet' (sniggles!) etc. Well , casting just one word---Tradition.
I suppose this year I feel most obligated to help out as I'm currently on a 3 months long holiday (unfortunately, it's ending in about a week's time=/)and to make up for my disappearance last year. As I was saying, this CNY is somewhat interesting because surprisingly, the newly bought mahjong table had this magic spell of conjuring relatives whom have never or for the longest time stepped into my house. 
My Ah Mah did the honour of opening the mahjong set and started the ball rolling. Relatives opened another table and started to play 'buan lut' (black jack).
That's my cousin emmiline playing the role of a banker.
A temporary gambling den could only be made possible this year as my dad has decided to play the cool customary card-being a tad less strict and controlling with such stuff. The atmosphere heightened when my mum's god grandchild paid a visit to my house. 
Mum and her god grandchild, Jaden.
Everyone was scrambling to carry the baby whilst I scurried around like a chamber maid serving drinks and food to my guests. It was such a hectic day that in the end I totally conked off and snoozed for a good 4 hours.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home