Before I entered into SMU, I read that it was compulsory for all students to fulfill a minimum of 10 weeks of internship. I was totally flabbergasted with the idea of working while being students. I mean shouldn't our breaks be one filled with munching sessions with friends, Karaoke splendour and just basically sit at home and 'shake leg'? Are they turning us into corporate slave driving whores?
Look where I am now after 4 years of Smu-sing. I've done like 3 internships so far and my hopefully upcoming one at Credit Suisse (*fingers crossed for tomorrow's interview) will be my 4th. I didn't expect to do so many internships honestly. Guess accidentally leaving the advanced accounting courses to my last was a blessing in disguise. The 3 months of delayed graduation has turned into some form of opportunity that i'm pretty happy about. I'm an internship veteren now man. They should be paying me minimum contract workers' pay! I demand. As if. Anyway, I hope that I will get into the Finance Team and to really get the feel of life in an investment bank. I guess everything will fall into place but a little part of me lurks a wanderlust. I wuna do a Malmo again and date myself.And the fatefully placed strangers.
Wish me luck!

1 Comments:
chin up gal. He has a plan, and maybe that wasn't part of that. Nobody said that it was a ride on the express bus on a straight route! All in due time, so be faithful.
9:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home