Sunday, April 20, 2008

Having not eaten any good quality food for the past few weeks, Km and I went to Sushi Tei Paragon this evening for dinner. The restaurant was packed with people and we were blessed enough to find ourselves seats at the sushi counter. Right beside us was a Western couple with their adopted indian/hispanic daughter having dinner. Whilst Km and I minded our own business, we noticed the western lady kept starring at, well especially me. I noticed that she was observing at everything I did- from ordering my food, mixing soya sauce and wasabi for km, chit chatting, etc. Just when I was waiting for my jap paper steamboat to come to a boil, the lady striked a conversation with me. We learned that they were from Finland and had been living in many parts of Asia for work , including Singapore, Malaysia and HK. She jokingly blamed her hubby for having to travel so much, but all in all, their family and her marriage were a truely happy and blessed one. She was also particularly surprised to learn that I'm 24 years old and working (k, I look young suppose). She even had the impression that km and I were married! (I dono how come ...sheeshhh..we've only been tog for 1 year and 1 month to be exact).

Offering little snippets of her life, she advised on how marriage is never an easy journey and she made the stupidest mistake of marrying at the age of 21. hahaha...

Anyhow, here's the biggest surprise of them all- before leaving the restaurant, she drew out a $100 note and placed it on our table! She said " here, I do not know how much your meal cost but let me pay for your dinner and please do not reject me..because this is for Your Love (for each other)!" Km and I were just shocked beyond words! She left in a jiffy and although km gave chase to pass them our namecards for future contact, we just couldn't find them in the end.

Seriously, I was a little speechless after the whole incident. It's really like...money dropping from the sky. Unbelievable. I don't know why, but maybe I have a feeling she saw something about herself in me. I seriously can't tell. It's not luck I would say , but rather, a manifestation of His blessings. That I am unexpectedly favoured by others around me despite not knowing them! All because Him. Thank you Lord:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynch said...

mew mew mew!!

: )

*kitty rubs bunny's nose*

1:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home