Thursday, August 02, 2007

Our trip to Pengerang, together with Shihui and John, turned out to be a 'makan' trip instead of a beach holiday. We arrived pretty late due to 2 hours of waiting time at the ferry. Hence by the time we reached our chalet, it was already around 4 plus and the sun wasn't really on our side. That's the time I decided to frolic in the beach and observe little small crabs burrowing and making sand balls. Km then began taking fun shots of me with his camera. Photos will be up once treated. Speaking of cameras, I'm quite sad that my camera got wet while on the boat ride. Now, it can't really retract back the lens and that's just the number of photos I'd taken. Sobs. Hopefully after a few days recuperation in the dry box will do it some miraculous good.

Boat ride from Changi village to Pengerang, Johor

John and Shihui

Ser and km
Shihui and John Tuck-ing in (pun intended..heh)Km's loving the food
Lunch and dinner had us treating ourselves to succulent crabs, Da Tou (clams/mussles.. a new term I'd learned), bamboo clams, prawns etc. Food was super and very cheap too. The day ended with card games and bathing together with some eeky crawlies who managed to creep into the bathroom windows. Our initial plan to wake up early in the morning for photo taking by the beach didn't come thru too as Km and I just slept through the entire morning. sheesh. We filled our hungry stomachs with noodles at a kopitiam. The ambience at the kopitiam and its surroundings had a charming quaint to it. Really peaceful and relaxing indeed.
We all came back to Singapore extremely relaxed, gastronomically satisfied, mosquito bitten, and of course, happy:)
Don't mind going back there when all the re construction is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home